Monday, January 1, 2024

Carrie Motherfucking Bradshaw

It’s 2:36 AM and I’m writing from bed. This year, I forewent a big party and a barrage of booze and we hosted a quiet night in with a few friends. 

Brad prepared a delicious dinner, and Zoe and Nolan brought some wonderful sweets; and we watched the ball drop coverage, bitched about how we didn’t recognize any of the singers performing, and toasted with our champs at midnight and talked about what our resolutions for the new year were.

While I don’t have many concrete goals outlined for this year yet, I have a word/theme for my year: INTENTION. If I’m going to put my time, money, effort, or other resources into something, it better be for a good reason.

The other thing I have decided about 2024 is that I’m going to be Carrie Motherfucking Bradshaw. No I won’t be a love and dating columnist. But I am going to write it all down. For years, I have been so afraid, so anxious (thanks, Ashley) that one day I’ll read something I’ve written and be mortified or view myself as cringe. Or afraid that someone out there will see me and say “you're wrong.” But I don’t care.

Hello 2024! You’re going to be one hell of a year, I can tell. Looking forward to meeting you.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Town

Greet them With open arms Bear hugs How you been I saw that I’ve been  Thinking of y’all Yeah fine Same old Same old Just trying To get by Y...