I met a woman today at work. She was rolling up cords from moving boxes, sorting things, helping out. She looked out of place in our small law firm with her Bill Cosby sweater, jacket covered in artful faces, and bleach blond hair. As we talked, I discovered she has traveled the world as a touring musician, been a DJ and notary and an insurance agent, among other things. And as I listened to her soft voice tell me about her life, I wondered how she ended up here.
She eventually got to that part, and it was a journey I was familiar with, (having seen my husband on a similar one) of discovering what life has to offer outside of pursuing your true creative passion as a means of living.
Sine 2018, I've worked for my mom's law firm, learning some truly important lessons and gaining invaluable experience and insight into managing a small business. It's a job I'm excited about, but not passionate about. My goal is to one day have a small hotel. I love hospitality and I think this is where my passion lies. I relish in creating experiences for people, crafting moments that someone will remember, leaving a lasting positive impression.
But back to the multiple lives. As I spoke to the woman, I imagined the lives she must have carved out and lived that brought her to all the places she had been - all the different people she had been....
To be honest, I've been Googling her so much I've lost my train of thought.
So, goodnight and cheers from me and my gluten free Oreos and wine glass of dairy free milk.

No comments:
Post a Comment